A brain and nerve care team that’s truly sensational
At Children’s Minnesota, we know that healing a growing brain takes know-how, effort, teamwork and oftentimes technology. But above all, it takes passion. That’s why we strive to stay up-to-the-minute on the latest advances in the field. And it’s also why we put kids and families at the center of everything we do.
The neurology team is made up of several types of dedicated professionals who are Children’s employees or independent clinicians:
- Pediatric neurologists are physicians with advanced training in caring for kids’ brain and nervous system disorders.
- Pediatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants are trained and licensed to examine, diagnose and treat patients alongside physicians.
- Pediatric neuropsychologists and psychologists have a doctorate in psychology. They keep a pulse on kids’ learning and emotional health, conduct cognitive testing and help families to make informed treatment decisions.
- Pediatric pharmacists are health care professionals who are experts in the use of medications. They work with the health care team to choose the best drug and dosage for each patient. They also educate professionals, patients and families on medication safety.
- Registered nurses care for neurology patients in our clinics, coordinate care among team members and provide well-rounded patient education.
In addition to general neurology services, Children’s has access to one of the most comprehensive pediatric subspecialist networks in the country. The team works closely with professionals from neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, sleep disorders, genomic medicine, rehabilitation services and many other fields to manage complex conditions and provide exceptional care for the whole child.
If you’re visiting Children’s neuroscience center, keep an eye out for these key player:
Steven T. Janousek, MD
Medical director of Children’s neurology program
A list of our all-star doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants in the neurology program can be found below. (Click on their names to read their profiles.)