Education materials and other resources
We know you may want to dig for more information, so we gathered these easy-to-digest materials and resources for you to explore.
Patient and Family Education Materials If you need quick, clear info about a kids’ health topic, we have it all!
Dr. Friedrichsdorf’s top 10 apps for pain management The medical director of the interdisciplinary pain clinic shares his 10 favorite apps for controlling pain in kids.
Pain control techniques taught at Children’s Read about non-medication techniques we teach patients and families at Children’s.
Pain in children and adolescents Find out more about the causes, symptoms and treatments of pain in kids and young adults (Hmong, Somali, and Spanish translations available at link).
Pain in infants Learn how to identify pain in young ones and how we can help them (Hmong, Somali, and Spanish translations available at link).
Pediatric Acute Pain Management Reference Guide Health professionals: use this guide to improve the safety and effectiveness of pain management in children older than six months of age.
Sickle cell pain control A guide to reducing pain in children with sickle cell.
Mpls St. Paul Magazine The Kiran Stordalen and Horst Rechelbacher Pediatric Pain, Palliative and Integrative Medicine Clinic.
We’re making headlines
Check out some of our most recent news coverage.
Ten apps that distract: Reduce the ouch factor from needle pokes and distract kids with Smartphone and tablet apps.
- Painless treatment for children
- Storyland Gala, benefitting Children’s pain program
- No needless pain for children
- Minnesota Monthly Find the very best care. Top hospitals and clinics to help you stay healthier, heal faster, and wait less.
- Confronting Pain
- How stories help sick kids get better
- Control of pain and related symptoms helps children endure treatment
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine: The Kiran Stordalen and Horst Rechelbacher Pediatric Pain, Palliative and Integrative Medicine Clinic