Outcomes among the best in the nation
Choosing where to bring your child for care is a major decision. You need all the information you can get. And you want it in a clear, straightforward form that helps you make the right choice for your family.
That’s why we share our outcomes with you. In medicine, “outcomes” measure the end results of a treatment. By comparing our outcomes with those of other hospitals, locally and nationally, you can see how we rank in terms of keeping patients safe and healthy.
See how Children’s ranks on six quality of care measures. Learn more.
Finding new ways to improve comfort and care
At Children’s, we focus on research and innovations that make a difference at the bedside. From improving day-to-day quality of life for children and teens, to developing new pain management approaches and adopting cutting-edge technologies, our research is completely kid and family-focused.
Children’s is engaged in many types of research, including investigator-initiated studies as well as externally sponsored multicenter trials, observational studies and registries. Research studies are ongoing in all areas of the hospital and clinics, but read more about pulmonary research below.
- Wheeler W, McNamara J, Kurachek S, Fugate J, et al: Respiratory health following chronic ventilator dependent bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 157: A 375, 1998.
- Wheeler W, Kurachek S, Fulmer C : Outcomes of ICU patients admitted with apparent life-threatening events (ALTE). Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175, A 96.
- Wheeler W, Maguire E, Kurachek S, et al: Chronic respiratory failure of infancy and childhood: Clinical outcomes based on underlying etiology. Pediatr. Pulmonol. 1994; 17: 1-5.
- Maynard, Roy, et al. Incidence Management, and Outcome of Tracheobronchitis in a Tracheostomized Home Care Population. Chest. 142.4 Meeting Abstracts (2012): 761A-761A
- Overman AE, Liu M, Kurachek SC, Shreve MR, Maynard RC, Mammel MC, Moore BM. Tracheostomy for Infants Requiring Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation: 10 years’ Experience. Pediatrics.