The orthopaedic surgery team at Children’s provides next-generation care to infants, children, and adolescents from throughout the upper Midwest. Our goal is to provide your child with the best possible surgery experience.
- Your child’s surgery is performed by a team of professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children.
- Your child’s pain is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
- Your child’s care includes the latest in surgical techniques, technology, and training.
Your child’s care providers consider you to be part of your child’s care team, because you know your child best.
Conditions that may require orthopaedic surgery
Orthopaedic surgeons from Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic have treated the full spectrum of pediatric and adolescent orthopaedic conditions, including congenital (from birth) conditions, sports-related injuries, bone tumors, bone infections, and other issues. Some of the most common conditions treated at Children’s are:
- ACL tear
- Cavus foot
- Club foot
- Elbow injuries
- Gait abnormalities
- Hip cartilage tear (also known as hip labral tear)
- Hip dysplasia
- Knee injuries (of the ligaments, cartilage, or bone)
- Leg length discrepancy
- Lower extremity alignment issues
- MCL tear
- Meniscus cartilage tears
- Osteochondral defect (OCD) of the elbow, knee, or ankle
- Shoulder injuries (including ligament, tendon, cartilage, or bone problems)
- Toe walking
The following information may be helpful to families preparing specifically for orthopaedic surgery. You may also view a searchable directory of general patient/family educational materials.
- Anesthesia: Questions and answers (Spanish and Somali translations available at link)
- Bone scan
- Cast Care and Mobility
- Clavicle fracture
- Crutches | Spanish
- Nitrous oxide for sedation (Spanish translation available at link)
If your child has an acute orthopaedic injury, please visit the emergency department at Children’s – Minneapolis or Children’s – St. Paul.
- If you are a family member and you’d like to make an appointment at our clinic locations in Minneapolis or St. Paul, please call Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic main line at 651-220-5700.
- If you are a health professional looking for a consultation or referral information, please call Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic main line at 651-220-5700.