Eligibility requirements/application process
Volunteer eligibility requirements
As one of the nation’s top pediatric hospitals, it is important that each team member understand and respect the seriousness of our patients’ health. It is for this reason that we have specific requirements for people who apply to volunteer at our hospitals and clinics — including the submission of immunization records — to protect the patients and families that we serve.
To be eligible to volunteer, you need to:
- Be a minimum age of 16 years old
- Commit to one three-hour shift per week for one semester/4 months
- Submit written documentation, from your healthcare provider, of your immunization records: vaccines required include chickenpox/varicella, MMR, Tdap, and flu (during influenza season), as well as a negative Mantoux (tuberculosis) test within the past 12 months
- Complete a personal interview
- Complete online volunteer orientation
- Pass a background check
The application and onboarding process
Our application and onboarding process has four steps:
Step 1: Apply online
Volunteer applications are available online only. You have 30 days to submit your complete immunization records to our offices. Applications without immunizations will not be kept after this 30-day period.
Step 2: Submit your immunization records
Fax volunteer immunization records to 612-813-6147 (Minneapolis), 651-220-6115 (St. Paul) or email to [email protected]. Vaccines required include chickenpox/varicella, MMR, and Tdap, as well as a negative Mantoux (tuberculosis) test within the past 12 months.
Step 3: Interview
We will contact you for an interview when your availability matches our current needs. Please note that an interview offer does not guarantee placement.
Step 4: Orientation
Orientation information is provided at the interview.
Contact Volunteer Services