A professional personal appearance helps patients and families feel comfortable and helps keep Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota facilities safe.
All agency or contracted interpreters at Children’s are required to wear a “Fast Pass” identification badge at all times. The badge needs to be displayed where others can easily see it. The picture and name should not be covered by pins, stickers, buttons, etc.
Badges are created at the Welcome Center in either of our hospitals. Before your assignment, come to the Welcome Center to get your Children’s Fast Pass. Be sure to bring your agency badge — it is required to get your picture ID.
Interpreters are expected to dress in a neat, clean, professional way at all times. Closed-toe shoes are required in patient care areas.
Please do not wear the following:
- Clothing that is revealing and does not portray professional modesty (i.e. plunging necklines, bare midriffs, miniskirts, see-through clothing, etc.)
- Underwear-style t-shirts
- Shirts with writing, cartoons or advertising not appropriate for the workplace
- Sweat suits (nylon or fleece)
- Summer shorts
- Baseball caps or other casual hats
- Blue jeans or other denim pants
- Perfumes and/or colognes (some patients and staff are sensitive or allergic to these fragrances)