At Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, we get to see amazing every day. The fighting spirit of a 24-week-old preemie. The resilient five year old learning to walk again. And the sense of pure optimism we see in every child. We believe children are the most amazing people on earth—and that drives us to do everything we can to live up to the privilege of caring for them.
Children's Minnesota is:
- One of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States—with two hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites
- The only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children from before birth through young adulthood
- An award-winning health system, regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital
- An independent and not-for-profit system (since 1924)
We champion the health needs of children and families. We are committed to improving children's health by providing the highest-quality, family-centered care, advanced through research and education.
It's our goal to be every family's essential partner in raising healthier children—not only during illnesses or injuries, but throughout childhood. As the health care industry faces a time of unprecedented change, we will continue our dedication to delivering an experience unlike any other, making access to health care easier, and working with the community in innovative ways. Learn more about The Children's Way.
These values guide the way we engage with each other, our patients and our communities:
- Kids first. We are inspired by children—we channel their optimism, resiliency, courage and curiosity into everything we do.
- Listen, really listen. Each person has a story to tell. We listen with compassion, ask meaningful questions, and build relationships with individuals and communities.
- Own outcomes. We are 200% accountable for providing extraordinary service. Tireless in our pursuit of excellence, we never stop learning or improving.
- Join together. We are all caregivers. And, we are stronger when teamed with our patients, families, community and one another. Super teams trump super heroes.
- Be remarkable. We are innovators, reimagining health care and going beyond what's expected. After all, kids are counting on us.
Patient and Family Centered Care
At Children's Minnesota, we practice a philosophy of care that respects the pivotal role of the family as the constant in a child's life. We know families are the experts about their children, the primary care givers, and the child's biggest source of support. As a result, we encourage families and patients to participate as active members of the health care team.
Kid's Health Blog
Kid's Health Blog features the latest stories from our patients and families.
Why Choose Children's?
At Children's we provide unwavering clinical excellence for children and their families.
Children's of Minnesota provides a variety of benefits to the community, including direct community health services and subsidized health services, and promoting job opportunities in health care.
Each year, Children's of Minnesota works to positively influence federal, state, and local public policy decisions related to children's health and well-being.