Summer visiting guidelines
Effective Tuesday May 5, 2015 and until further notice, the following visitor guidelines have been put into place to protect patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Parents are welcome at all times and are not considered "visitors."
- Visiting hours for all others are between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Visitors, including siblings, may not visit if they have a fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Parents with mild respiratory symptoms may visit, and must wear a mask.
- Parents and visitors must be screened for wellness every day. Parents and visitors will receive and wear a badge with a green, yellow or red sticker. The stickers indicate:
Green - May visit, no mask required.
Yellow - May visit, but mask required.
Red - May not visit inpatient areas, mask required.
- Individual units may limit the number of visitors at the bedside at any one time – check with your child's nurse.
- Parents and visitors without a badge may not enter patient care areas.
- All parents and visitors are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Parents or visitors may be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital.
- Staff may be seen wearing masks for their protection and for the safety of the patient.
- Parents or visitors will be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow these guidelines and wear their mask as directed.
- In rare circumstances, exceptions to these guidelines may be possible. Parents can discuss this with your child's nurse.
Effective May 5, 2015