Research Institute administration
The goal of the Research Administration team is to ensure that investigators, research teams and externally funded projects understand the steps required to start a new clinical study, submit a grant or initiate a contractual relationship.
Research Administration team
Anupam Kharbanda, MD
Chief Research Officer
Research and sponsored programs administration supports research and other funded projects at Children’s through the following services:
- Finding funding including grant funding searches, RSP newsletter and research group emails, development of funding opportunities calendars and strategies.
- Providing research staff support – All research staff hires are initiated through support staff. Hires are dependent upon the hours required, work to be completed and skill level needed.
- Grants application review, budget development and submission.
- Contract and subcontract preparation and negotiation including confidential and non-disclosure agreements, budget development, award review and ongoing contract.
- Clinical trials including budget development and negotiation, contract language negotiation, assistance with clinicaltrials.org.
- Coordination with IRB, IACUC, Grant Accounting, Legal and Compliance.
- Coordination of Children’s Internal Grant Programs.
- Training and Education
Education and training for investigators and research staff
To promote integrity and responsibility in research, CMRI coordinates a variety of educational opportunities.
The Research Institute provides online education materials:
- Protection of Human Subjects and Financial Conflict of Interest Course
- How to Write a Successful IRGP Application (PDF)
- Clear Writing for Researchers (PDF)
- Research and Sponsored Programs 101 (PDF)
- Clinical Trials Budgeting (PDF)
- Writing a Successful Grant (PDF)
- Protocols for the Beginner (PDF)
- Clinical Research Methods and Study Design Part 1 (PDF)
- Clinical Research Methods and Study Design Part 2 (PDF)
We offer seminars throughout the year to support research education and project management. These seminars are available to any staff currently engaged in or interested in research.
We provide scheduled education sessions or education by request on topics such as protocol development, research project budgeting, grant proposal development and research for new investigators.