Research institute administration
The goal of the research administration team is to ensure that investigators, research teams and externally funded projects understand the steps required to start a new clinical study, submit a grant or initiate a contractual relationship.
Research administration team
Stuart Winter, MD
Chief research officer
Senior administrative assistant
Research and sponsored programs administration supports research and other funded projects at Children’s Minnesota through the following services:
- Finding funding including grant funding searches, RSP newsletter and research group emails, development of funding opportunities calendars and strategies.
- Providing research staff support – All research staff hires are initiated through support staff. Hires are dependent upon the hours required, work to be completed and skill level needed.
- Grants application review, budget development and submission.
- Contract and subcontract preparation and negotiation including confidential and non-disclosure agreements, budget development, award review and ongoing contract.
- Clinical trials including budget development and negotiation, contract language negotiation, assistance with clinicaltrials.org.
- Coordination with IRB, IACUC, grant accounting, legal and compliance.
- Coordination of Children’s Minnesota Internal Grant Programs.
- Training and education