Online access to medical records and test results and, an improved virtual care experience at most clinics
In the online portal, you can:
- Get immediate access to lab results, upcoming appointments, visit summaries, track and print immunizations and other records.
- Request or schedule an appointment (virtual or in-person) with your child’s care provider. You can also request to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
- Communicate with your child’s health care team any time. Message them to ask questions and confirm medications.
Enhanced virtual care video visits at most clinics!
We have launched an improved platform for virtual visits this year that will be used for most clinics. (The five Partners in Pediatrics primary care clinics will continue using the same platform.) During virtual care visits, patients can see, hear and talk with their providers, just like traditional, in-person appointments. We ask that you sign up for a MyChildren’s patient portal account for these visits – create one today so you can easily schedule your next virtual appointment.
How do I set up a MyChildren’s account?
Patients under 18 must have their parent/legal guardian request a MyChildren’s account. To enroll in MyChildren’s:
- In person: Ask the patient registration staff at your clinic visit or on your child’s hospital unit.
- By phone: Call Children’s Minnesota Health Information Management at 612-813-6216 and ask to have a MyChildren’s account created.
For more resources and information, visit the MyChildren’s page.
Is our MyChildren’s portal secure?
Rest assured, your child’s data is secure. MyChildren’s is HIPAA compliant and provides you the ability to securely view, store and share your health information.