Doctors and healthcare providers call for 24/7 patient referral, admission and neonatal transport assistance. Learn more.
Here is a collection of links and resources for health professionals working at or with Children’s Minnesota.
Refer a Patient
With Children’s Physician Access, you’re one call away from referring a patient or consulting with a primary care physician or specialist — 24 hours a day:
Please see our Children’s Physicians Access page for more information on how to refer a patient, including same-day, scheduled and emergency admissions.
Children’s Minnesota Telehealth Network services
Children’s Minnesota partners with health care systems and health care providers to deliver pediatric telehealth services as a part of the Children’s Telehealth Network. Join the network to deliver care closer to home for your patients.
EMR resources for professional and clinical staff
Remote Access Portal for health professionals provides access to:
- Professional Staff Portal offers credentialed staff access to many clinical references and applications.
- Children’s Minnesota EMR view enables you, as a physician/clinician, to remotely view the electronic medical record (EMR) of patients you have referred to Children’s Minnesota.
- PowerChart Direct Access is EMR access for professional staff through Children’s Minnesota secure access sign in.
The EMR Learning Center is a library of EMR training resources to support your use of Children’s Minnesota EMR.
Radiology image transfer is available for clinicians wishing to securely send patient images to Children’s Minnesota.
Assistance with everything from placing orders to completing documentation online is available for infrequent providers (those who see patients less than 12 times a year at Children’s Minnesota). If arranging for onsite support more than 24 hours in advance, you may complete the Infrequent Provider Call Ahead Assistance Form to arrange for rounding assistance. Call the Physician Access Line at 1-866-755-2121 or 612-343-2121 and inform the coordinator of the date and time you will be on site to see patients or request assistance.
If you require assistance with any of these resources, call the IT Service Desk at 952-992-5000. The IT Service Desk will contact on-call staff to assist you.
Children’s Minnesota staff and contact information
Tools and other resources
- Resources for allied health professionals:
- External phone log is a record of clinical advice given by Children’s Minnesota providers to outside providers (in regards to patients who have not been registered at Children’s Minnesota)
- Contact our Health Information Management office for other medical records information.
- Patient activity sheets
- Powershare: Cloud-based image sharing