Resources for health professionals
Here is a collection of links and resources for health professionals working at or with Children’s Minnesota.
Refer a Patient
With Children’s Physician Access, you’re one call away from referring a patient or consulting with a primary care physician or specialist — 24 hours a day:
Please see our Children’s Physicians Access page for more information on how to refer a patient, including same-day, scheduled and emergency admissions.
EMR resources for Professional and Clinical staff
Remote Access Portal for health professionals provides access to:
- Professional Staff Portal offers credentialed staff access to many clinical references and applications
- Children’s EMR View enables you, as a physician/clinician, to remotely view the electronic medical record (EMR) of patients you have referred to Children’s
The EMR Learning Center is a library of EMR training resources to support your use of Children’s EMR.
The Chief Medical Information Officer newsletters provide users with time-saving EMR tips.
PowerChart Direct Access is EMR access for professional staff through Children’s secure access sign in
Radiology image transfer is available for clinicians wishing to securely send patient images to Children’s.
Assistance with everything from placing orders to completing documentation online is available for infrequent providers (those who see patients less than 12 times a year at Children’s). If arranging for onsite support more than 24 hours in advance, you may complete the Infrequent Provider Call Ahead Assistance Form to arrange for rounding assistance. Call the Physician Access Line at 1-866-755-2121 or 612-343-2121 and inform the coordinator of the date and time you will be on site to see patients or request assistance.
If you require assistance with any of these resources, call the Children’s IT Service Desk at 952-992-5000. The IT Service Desk will contact on-call staff to assist you.
Children’s Staff and Contact Information
Condition and diagnosis information
Evaluation and examination criteria, treatment and management tips and when to refer to Children’s Minnesota
Tools and other resources
- Find a Doctor is a searchable database for employed and affiliated clinicians practicing at Children’s locations
- Current visitor guidelines for patients being treated at Children’s
- Download our Directory of Services or order copies to be sent to your clinic or office location
- Emergency Medication Manual
- Resources for Allied Health Professionals:
- External phone log is a record of clinical advice given by Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota providers to outside providers (in regards to patients who have not been registered at Children’s)
- Contact our Health Information Management office for other medical records information.
- Patient activity sheets
- Powershare: Cloud-based image sharing