While you are here
Effective November 19, 2019, and until further notice, the following visiting standards have been put into place to protect patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Legal guardians are welcome at all times and are not considered “visitors.”
- Visiting hours for all others are between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Visitors, including siblings, may not visit if they have a fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Legal guardians with mild respiratory symptoms may visit, and must wear a mask.
- Children under age 5 may not visit.
- Legal guardians and visitors must be screened for wellness every day. Legal guardians and visitors will receive and wear a badge with a green, yellow or red sticker. The stickers indicate:
- Green — May visit, no mask required
- Yellow — May visit but mask required
- Red — May not visit inpatient areas, mask required
- No more than four people may visit at any one time — this includes legal guardians, siblings, and other visitors.
- Legal guardians and visitors without a badge may not enter patient care areas.
- All legal guardians and visitors are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Legal guardians or visitors may be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital.
- Staff may be seen wearing masks for their protection and for the safety of the patient.
- Legal guardians or visitors will be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow these standards and wear their mask as directed.
- In rare circumstances, exceptions to these standards may be possible. Legal guardians can discuss this with your child’s nurse or social worker.