While you are here
Effective, May 22, 2019 and until further notice, the following visitor guidelines have been put into place to protect patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Legal Guardians are welcome at all times and are not considered “visitors.”
- Visiting hours for all others are between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Visitors, including siblings, may not visit if they have a fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Legal Guardians with mild respiratory symptoms may visit, and must wear a mask.
- Legal Guardians and visitors will receive and wear a badge with a green, yellow or red sticker. The stickers indicate:
- Green — May visit, no mask required
- Yellow — May visit but mask required
- Red — May not visit inpatient areas, mask required
- Individual units may limit the number of visitors at the bedside at any one time – check with your child’s nurse.
- Legal Guardians and visitors without a badge may not enter patient care areas.
- All legal Guardians and visitors are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Legal Guardians or visitors may be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital.
- Staff may be seen wearing masks for their protection and for the safety of the patient.
- Legal Guardians or visitors will be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow these guidelines and wear their mask as directed.
- In rare circumstances, exceptions to these guidelines may be possible. Legal Guardians can discuss this with your child’s nurse or social worker.