While you are here
Level 0 Visiting Guidelines
Effective Tuesday, March 10, 2020, and until further notice we are implementing the following enhanced COVID-19 (commonly known as coronavirus) visiting standards for the safety of your family and others in our care.
There are now confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Minnesota, and we are taking additional precautions to prevent the spread of infection within our hospitals and clinics, and within our community. Children’s Minnesota is committed to caring for all children in the community, as well as to ensuring the safety and well-being of patients, families, staff and guests.
- Legal guardians are welcome at all times and are not considered “visitors.”
- No other visitors will be permitted, including siblings.
- Compassionate exceptions may be possible, and must be arranged with the patient care manager of the unit.
Visiting process and guidelines
- We will continue our standard infection prevention and control process to ask all families who arrive at our clinics, emergency departments and hospitals if they have had any international travel.
- Legal guardians must be well to visit and will be screened for wellness by hospital staff every day. Visiting adults will receive and wear a badge with a green sticker to show that they have passed the wellness screening.
- Legal guardians will be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital or while vising their child.
- Legal guardians without a badge may not enter patient care areas.
- All legal guardians are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Staff will be seen wearing masks for their protection and for the safety of the patient.
- Legal guardians or visitors will be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow these standards and wear their mask as directed.