Translations: Spanish  |  Somali  |  Hmong

How to address concerns

At Children’s Minnesota, we take great pride in the care we provide for our patients and their families. Whenever you have questions, concerns, comments, or something that needs to be addressed immediately, the first person to talk with is your child’s physician, nurse or another member of the health care team. You may also talk with the following people here at Children’s Minnesota:

Manager or director:
Your child’s nurse or unit operations coordinator will help you contact this person.

Family liaison:
To file a complaint or grievance.

Hospital nursing supervisor:
For urgent matters during evening, overnight and weekend hours.

Privacy officer:
For concerns about your medical information privacy rights.

Social work department:
For emotional support, mental health concerns, resource connection, information or assistance about protective services for children or vulnerable adults.

Office of Ethics:
For consultation if you are facing difficult health care decisions.

You may also file a grievance with regulatory agencies:

Office of Health Facility Complaints
P.O. Box 64970
St. Paul, MN 55164-0970
651-201-4200 or 800-369-7994
Email: [email protected]

Board of Medical Practice
335 Randolph Ave., Suite 140
St. Paul, MN 55102
612-617-2130 or 800-657-3709
Email: [email protected]

The Joint Commission
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Ombudsman for Public Managed Health Care Programs
P.O. Box 64249
St. Paul, MN 55164-0249
651-431-2660 or 800-657-3729
Email: [email protected]

If you have concerns about your medical information privacy rights, you may contact:

Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 240
Chicago, IL 60601
TDD: 800-537-7697