24/7 referral, consult, admission, and transport assistance.
Children’s Physician Access is your 24/7, live connection to the expertise and assistance within Children’s system.
By calling our Physician Access line 866-755-2121, we can assist you with:
- Consultations with primary care physicians and specialists
- Referrals, admissions and transport services
- General information — including our services, programs and locations
There are several ways to admit patients to Children’s Minnesota facilities.
Emergency and trauma admissions
The emergency room will provide triage for emergencies and trauma. The clinical review coordinator will assist with necessary certification.
For same-day or urgent admissions, please call Children’s Physician Access and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Patient’s primary care provider’s name
- Referring physician’s name
- Diagnosis and isolation requirements
- Special needs requirements
- Anticipated time and means of arrival
Have you already scheduled an admission? In addition to the information listed above, please be prepared to include the patient’s address, telephone number and insurance coverage. Physician’s offices will be responsible for meeting insurance company pre-certification requirements prior to admission.
A history and physical examination form must be completed no more than 30 days prior to admission for surgery or procedures and not more than 24 hours post admission.
If your patients are visiting one of our clinics, please give them this clinic appointment sheet to present to the clinic when they arrive.