Pediatric neurosurgery experts
- Pediatric neurosurgeons have completed a residency in general surgery, another residency in neurosurgery plus additional training in brain and spine surgeries for children. At Children’s, we have four board-certified and fellowship trained neurosurgeons and work with other neurosurgery groups who perform surgery here.
- Surgical nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants: providing care for children before, during and after surgery.
- Pediatric anesthesiologists: physicians who specialize in administering all types of anesthesia to babies, children and teens.
- Pediatric critical care specialists or intensivists: pediatricians who specialize in caring for children in intensive care settings. We have a large team of board-certified pediatric intensivists at Children’s Minnesota.
- Pediatric pain specialists: part of an interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and therapists who help manage kids’ pain and symptoms. Children’s Minnesota is home to one of the largest pediatric pain programs in North America.
At Children’s Minnesota you have access to just about every type of professional who can improve your child’s care and boost comfort. Our pediatric neurosurgery team works closely with neuropsychologists and psychologists, imaging specialists, clinical pharmacists, geneticists and other experts to treat complex conditions. We often team up with specialists in our epilepsy, cancer, ENT/cleft and craniofacial programs.
We have strong partnerships with the Minnesota Epilepsy Group, a national leader in caring for epilepsy patients, and Noran Neurological Clinic, a skilled team of pediatric neurologists.
Joseph Anthony Petronio, MD
Medical director of the neurosurgery program
See below for a list of our all-star cast of neurosurgeons. (Click on their names to read their profiles.)