Meet the team
Just call us the pain experts
We don’t want to see your kids in pain just as much as you don’t. The interdisciplinary pain program at Children’s Minnesota is truly one-of-a-kind. Nowhere else is there a team as specialized as ours. Our interdisciplinary team works closely with your child and family, your primary doctor or hospital doctor, your nurses and the child life staff to develop the best plan of action for your child and family.
We have specialists with all different types of backgrounds and expertise including:
- Pediatric pain physicians are pediatricians with advanced training in treating pain in kids.
- Advanced practice nurses, nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists, who have received additional training in managing pain in kids.
- Pediatric physical therapists are experts in evaluating and treating children who have difficulties moving their bodies, or whose pain affects their ability to move or function.
- Psychologists help with the emotional difficulties that may be associated with pain such as depression, anxiety, school or behavioral problems.
- Clinical social workers assist patients and families with, emotional and social issues such as school attendance, family coping, finding community resources and supporting the child and family.
When visiting the interdisciplinary pain clinic or being treated in the hospital, keep your eyes peeled for this key player:
Stefan Friedrichsdorf, MD, medical director of the department of pain medicine, palliative care and integrative medicine.
You may also meet a few others from the team, including:
Physical Therapist: Andrew Warmuth