On the Minneapolis campus
Whether you’re at the hospital for an in-patient stay or a follow-up appointment, knowing about the amenities available on our hospital campus will make your visit easier. Children’s Minnesota has developed a wide range of amenities to make hospital visits more comfortable for patients and families.
You’re bound to have lots of questions while your child is in the hospital — from “Where’s the cafeteria?” to questions about your child’s condition. First and foremost, any member of your child’s care team (nurses, doctors and other care professionals) can answer any questions you have.
There are several other sources of information at Children’s Minnesota including:
- Welcome Centers: Like a hotel concierge, the Welcome Center team can help you with directions and answer general questions about the hospital and its amenities.
- Family Resource Center: At the Great Clips™ Family Resource Center, supportive, caring staff can provide almost any information you’ll need — from financial counseling and health-related reference materials to advice on finding discounted rates at local hotels or setting up a CaringBridge™ site.
If you check into your room for an inpatient stay, you should also receive a welcome booklet that provides more details about the many amenities available at Children’s Minnesota. If you don’t get one, just ask.
Taking a break
Being at the hospital can be stressful for you and your family. Children’s Minnesota has many unique services that may provide some ease.
- Great Clips™ Sibling Play Area
- Great Clips™ Family Resource Center
- Healing Garden
- Interfaith chapels
- Star Studio
- Children’s Minnesota book nook
- Teen Room
Taking care of necessities
From food and lodging to technology help, we’ve tried to think of all the necessities you and your child might need while staying at the hospital. In the hospital you can find: