Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota offers interpreter services for many languages to assist patients and families free of charge. Please contact us at 612-813-7600 to request an interpreter.
Interpreter services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for patients at Children’s. Our services include:
- Many spoken languages and American Sign Language (ASL)
- Hmong, Somali and Spanish interpreters on staff
- Other languages and professional ASL available upon request
- Facilitating effective communication in health care across linguistic and cultural differences
- Consultation to both the healthcare team and patients on culturally specific values, beliefs, health practices and communication styles
- Free sign language and video interpreters, TTYs and other services are available to deaf and hard-of-hearing persons — ask us for help or contact the deaf and hard of hearing communications coordinator at 612-813-5826 (voice/TTY)
Are you an interpreter?
If you are a new interpreter, you are required to read our orientation document, Interpreters’ Orientation to Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, before interpreting for our patients and families.