We’re here to help with the unexpected
Abuse is a serious and painful experience that no child should have to endure. But, when a child is affected by abuse, Midwest Children’s Resource Center (MCRC) is here to provide the specialized care kids need to heal.
MCRC is a child advocacy center (CAC) and clinic within Children’s Minnesota. We offer medical evaluations and case management in alleged child abuse cases, serious neglect and witness to violence.
The program at MCRC has multiple components:
- A medical clinic at Children’s – St. Paul
- A child advocacy center (CAC), governed by the National Children’s Alliance (NCA), an accreditation we’ve held since 1994
- Connection with community resources to provide a team approach for child abuse cases
Our experienced team is dedicated to providing the following services to victims of physical and sexual abuse and serious neglect:
- Specialized medical evaluation and diagnosis
- Accurate identification and documentation
- Case management
- Psychological services
- Health assessments and supportive programming for at risk youth
- Prevention education programs for parents and care givers
Every year, more than 1,100 children ages 0 to 18 visit us. We welcome each child and their family with compassion, dedicated service and expert care. MCRC receives referrals from law enforcement, emergency departments, primary physicians, child protection services, parents, self referrals and a variety of community agencies.
We’re at the front of the latest research and care
We stay current on the latest research and best practices in the field of child abuse so we can provide the most advanced care. Providers and facilities frequently reach out to us for our input on difficult or challenging cases. We have access to countless experts across a variety of fields who offer insight and answers when we have questions.
- Midwest Regional Children’s Advocacy Center (MRCAC) is one of four regional children’s advocacy centers in the United States that supports the work we do in caring for kids who’ve been abused or neglected.
- We use a video conferencing format for education and case review through MRCAC to connect with other centers throughout the country that share the same commitment and child-centered approach that we do. This network gives us access to nationally-recognized experts in the field who are performing the newest, best and most respected research on issues our patients face every day.
- MCRC is also an accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance (NCA), which is a federally-funded national organization that works to standardize child abuse evaluations and includes more than 700 children’s advocacy centers across the United States.
Working in concert with other advocacy centers means we are more than just a clinic, but a part of a national movement to end child abuse and its lasting effects.