We’re dedicated to making the future bright
Kids who come through the doors of Midwest Children’s Resource Center (MCRC) have been through some of the scariest moments of their life. We do everything possible to make them feel safe and comfortable when they’re here, and help them transition successfully to the future.
Don’t delay. Call us at 651-220-6750 for an appointment if you suspect your child, or a child you know, is experiencing any of the following:
- Suspected physical abuse
- Suspected sexual abuse
- Suspected failure to thrive and neglect
- Behaviors suggesting abuse
Specific services offered:
- Medical evaluations that screen for abuse and psychosocial functioning
- Individual therapy and adolescent group therapy
- Physical and mental health care follow-up referrals
- Identification of potential barriers to successful transitioning to adulthood
- Education for families about the role of the criminal and juvenile justice systems
- Education for families about the role of child protection and law enforcement systems
- Education for families about the medical and emotional effects of abuse
Psychological services for children ages 3-18 and their caregivers, include:
- Individual and family therapy
- Individualized treatment planning
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, as indicated
- Eye movement de-sensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), as indicated
- Psychological evaluation for purposes of treatment or case planning
- Extended forensic psychological evaluation
- Case review and professional consultation
Also, we have developed the Runaway Intervention Program (RIP) that helps empower teen runaways and rape victims, and facilitates safe returns to their homes and families. Research shows that six months into the program, half of participants have significantly reduced emotional stress.
MCRC also serves as a respected training program for child abuse professionals. We developed training for medical professionals called Medical Training Academy – now nationally recognized. Learn how to apply for this training.
We’re here when you need us
Do you have unanswered questions? Give us a call. Emergency phone consultation is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for children, concerned parents, child protection and law enforcement agencies, physicians, therapists and attorneys. Non-emergency concerns are addressed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Search over 1,100 members of Children’s clinical staff. Our directory includes physicians, dentists, oral surgeons, advanced practice registered nurses, psychologists, podiatrists, physician assistants, pharmacists, genetic counselors, and social workers. Find a doctor.