Billing and financial matters
Hospital bills and health insurance matters can get complex and be time consuming. This section tells you how to get in touch with Children Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota staff who can help walk you through the billing and insurance process.
In this section, you’ll find:
- Online bill pay information
- Billing and insurance FAQs
- A glossary of billing terms
- Financial counseling and assistance resources
- Billing policies and policy translations
- A diagram of our billing process
What You Should Know Before Your Visit
Children’s accepts most insurance programs. The hospital has contracts with all major Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs), insurance companies and Medicaid plans.
If you have insurance:
- Provide current information: Children’s needs your current insurance information in order to bill for services in a timely and effective manner. Please notify us at 651-855-2200 or email us at [email protected] if your insurance plan or address changes at any time during the treatment of your child.
- Know your plan: Get familiar with your health plan benefits and communicate with your insurance provider so you understand your child’s coverage. Many insurance plans, including Medicaid, require referrals and/or authorizations before receiving services. Elective care may be delayed if all required information is not in place.
Don’t have insurance?
If you do not have insurance, your child may be eligible for a Medicaid program or Children’s financial assistance. Our financial counselors can help you determine which programs might be appropriate for your child. You can contact a financial counselor at 651-220-6367 or 612-813-6432.