How to contact a Chaplain
Chaplains routinely visit in all patient care areas and can be contacted directly through hospital staff. Chaplains are in the hospital 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. To reach us directly or to leave a message to be returned during regular business hours, call:
Children’s – Minneapolis campus: 612-813-6253
Children’s – St. Paul campus: 612-220-6369
On-call Chaplains are available evenings, nights and weekends. To contact an on-call Chaplain, ask a member of your care team to contact Chaplaincy Services, or call the hospital operator and request the on-call Chaplain.
Other faith and spiritual resources
The following resources are also available upon request:
- Trained hospital volunteers from “The Twin Cities Jewish Healing Program” and the “Muslims meeting Muslims” who will visit with patients and families.
- Electric candles, electric Sabbath candles, electric incense burners, rosaries, prayer rugs, Muslim prayer beads and anointing oil are available for use in the hospital.
- We have interfaith chapels on each hospital campus. In Minneapolis, the chapel is located on the first floor. In St. Paul campus, the chapel is located on the third floor of the River Tower building.
- Private services can be arranged with by contacting your unit chaplain or by contacting Chaplaincy Services.
- In Minneapolis, there are no regularly scheduled services.
- In St. Paul, Catholic Mass is celebrated Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. and Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
For hospital staff:
Further information about faith and spiritual resources can be found in these policies:
Chaplaincy Services (Policy: RI 114.00)
Religious and Cultural Practices (Policy: RI 136.00)