Whether you are looking for a card or gift for a patient or just need to pick up a few essentials for your stay, there two options on our campus. If you’re not at the hospital, you can send a gift to a patient by calling our Storybook Gift Shop at 612-813-6855.
Storybook Gift Shop
Storybook Gift Shop is managed and staffed by volunteers of The Children’s Association – Minneapolis. 100% of the proceeds generated at Storybook Gift Shop directly support the mission of Children’s Hospitals and Clinics Minnesota.
Minneapolis campus, in the skyway leading to the Blue Parking Ramp
Gift shop hours
Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Balloons — Mylar balloons in two sizes in a variety of shapes: character favorites, colorful animals and messages for all ages and occasions
- Plush toys — Loveable teddy bears, cats, dogs, jungle animals, PBS licensed characters, baby plush and musical toys
- Games and toys —Toys for kids of all ages, including cars and trucks, dolls, crafts, puzzles, card games, board games, art kits and seasonal toys
- Books — A wide selection of gift books to fiction and activity books
- Gift items —Seasonal gifts, jewelry and fashion accessories, lotions, picture frames, etc.
- Essentials — Candy and snacks, greeting cards, postage stamps, note cards, journals, reading glasses, lanyards, etc.
Send a gift
To send a gift, please call us at 612-813-6855 during shop hours. Our volunteers will be happy to help you find the perfect gift for that special patient or family member. We offer same-day, free delivery to any room at Children’s – Minneapolis campus. Complimentary gift-wrapping is included. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
From prescriptions and other health-related products to a cup of coffee and muffin on the go, the Marketplace at Children’s offers one-stop convenience for patients, families and staff to get what they need.
Location and phone number
Located on the second floor in Children’s Specialty Center
Marketplace Phone: 612-813-7444
Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 a.m.to 5:30 p.m.
The Marketplace also sells low-cost bike helmets on a seasonal basis, available to any member of our community. Call 612-813-7444 for more information.