24/7 referral, consult, admission and transport assistance.
The apnea program at Children’s Minnesota provides unique care for kids with a wide range of breathing problems which require home apnea monitoring and/or additional treatment for gastroesophageal reflux. The apnea program offers support to parents through education and special services.
- Apparent life-threatening events with central or obstructive apnea (ALTE)
- Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (BRUE)
- Unresolved apnea of prematurity
- Neonatal apnea
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Training for parents and caregivers whose infants require in-home apnea monitors and/or treatment of gastroesophageal reflux
- Clinical management of home monitored infants and/or infants diagnosed with significant gastroesophageal reflux
- Professional consultation
- Diagnostic testing and scoring
- Documented event monitor recording
- Pneumogram (4-channel recording)
- Oxygen Saturation Recording