24/7 referral, consult, admission and neonatal transport assistance.
Children’s Minnesota focuses on kids first by offering clinical ethics services to our families and staff.
The clinical ethics department offers 24/7 clinical ethics consultations to assist in clarifying ethical dilemmas, such as:
- Complex and end-of-life decisions about foregoing treatment and allowing natural death
- Use of invasive technology when the child will be permanently dependent
- Disagreements within a family about the right actions
- Rights and responsibilities of parents
- Disagreements between the physician, others on the health care team and family about the right actions
- Balance of harms and benefits for high-risk procedures
- Adolescent autonomy in decision making
- Balancing confidentiality and the best interest of the child
Please contact us with any questions, including guidance regarding the role clinical ethics plays in patient care: 612-813-6172