1,600 experts are just one call away
Children’s Physician Access is available 24/7 with a representative on the line throughout the call to assist with referrals, consultations and admissions and to provide general information.
Team up with Children’s
Children’s feeding clinic aims to serve your patients and families in the most complete way possible, with thorough evaluations, efficient and timely testing if necessary and ongoing support and clear communication of your customized recommendations.
Scheduling appointments and questions about payment
- Families should call 651-220-6446 to schedule an appointment. Outpatient clinic appointments are available Tuesday in our Minneapolis location and Wednesday and Thursday at the St. Paul location. There are no evening appointments.
- Each appointment lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- Families should direct questions about payment at the time of scheduling the appointment. The feeding clinic accepts many forms of private payment, medical assistance and many group plans.
Coordination of additional testing, referrals to specialists, follow-up
- If additional medical tests are necessary, these are coordinated by the team’s nurse practitioner.
- Our team coordinates referrals to medical specialists as necessary.
- Regular, ongoing feeding therapy is set up with our physical rehabilitation services team, school- or community-based programs, or a feeding clinic near their home. If therapy is not done at Children’s, our team serves as consultants for your patient’s feeding therapy resource.
Clear communication for all involved in your patient’s care
- Parents receive a written summary of recommendations after the evaluation.
- The patient’s primary care physician also receives the written summary.