Ethics news, training and conferences
The Clinical Ethics department is dedicated to improving the education of the Clinical Ethics community and providing advance training in the field.
Training and conferences
Clinical Ethics Boot Camp
A 2 day training to develop and improve knowledge, abilities, and skills in clinical ethics consultation. This training is designed to help individuals who are interested in clinical ethics consultation develop a strong foundation in theory and practice.
- 2018 sessions will be held March 23rd-24th and September 21st-22nd.
- Registration will open 2 months prior.
Annual Ethics Symposium
3rd Annual Ethics Symposium:
November 16th, 2018 at the American Swedish Institute
Details Coming Soon!
For a list of upcoming presentations on clinical ethics topics, or to watch previously recorded presentations, visit our Grand Rounds page.
Past titles include:
- The Construction of Whiteness and How it Works – John Biewen – December 14th, 2017
- Materialism in Pediatrics: Is it a good thing…or a bad thing? – June 22, 2017
- The Changing Medical Landscape of Trisomy 13 and 18: Improving Decision Making – May 18th, 2017
- The gray zone of child protective services – May 11th, 2017
- The truth shall set you free – January 19th, 2017
- Shared decision making in pediatric medicine – August 25th, 2016
Dr. Nneka Sederstrom was selected to present at NCQA’s Quality Talks 2017. Check out her presentation: Ethics is Quality, Quality is Ethics: Improving Care at the End of Life.