Ethics news, training and conferences
The Clinical Ethics department is dedicated to improving the education of the Clinical Ethics community and providing advance training in the field.
Training and conferences
Clinical Ethics Boot Camp
Clinical Ethics Boot Camp 2019 is postponed.
The clinical ethics department is in the middle of transforming this exciting event and in order to make it the best it can be, we are postponing the Clinical Ethics Boot Camp until 2020. Look forward to new and exciting changes for Boot Camp 2020!
Annual Ethics Symposium
4th Annual Ethics Symposium
November 15th, 2019 at the American Swedish Institute
Mark your calendars!
For a list of upcoming presentations on clinical ethics topics, or to watch previously recorded presentations, visit our Grand Rounds page.
Past titles include:
- Quality of Life and Unequal Paths – March 8th, 2018
- The Construction of Whiteness and How it Works – John Biewen – December 14th, 2017
- Materialism in Pediatrics: Is it a good thing…or a bad thing? – June 22, 2017
- The Changing Medical Landscape of Trisomy 13 and 18: Improving Decision Making – May 18th, 2017
- The gray zone of child protective services – May 11th, 2017
- The truth shall set you free – January 19th, 2017
- Shared decision making in pediatric medicine – August 25th, 2016
Congratulations to Dr. Nneka Sederstrom for her article published in The Journal of Clinical Ethics addressing the Technical Considerations for Implementation of Tele-Ethics Consultation in the Intensive Care Unit.