Crock-Pot Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
Note: If you try this recipe, get help from a grownup because it requires using a slow cooker.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours
What you need:
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup skim milk (or milk substitute, such as almond or soy milk)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
Equipment and supplies:
- Slow cooker
- Measuring cups and spoons
What to do:
- Place oats, milk, water, applesauce, and cinnamon into the slow cooker. Stir, cover, and set to low.
- Cook for 7 hours.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of the nuts and enjoy! You can also top your oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of raisins, but this will increase the amount of sugar you're eating
How much does this recipe make? 4 servings
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com