Sweet Spinach Salad
Prep time: 8 minutes
What you need:
- 4 c. fresh baby spinach
- 3 clementines, peeled, segments separated
- 3/4 c. slivered almonds
- 4 tbsp. fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
What to do:
- Wash and dry the spinach.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, clementines, and almonds.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss until it's coated.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 170 calories
- 5g protein
- 10g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 17g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 40mg sodium
- 9g sugars
Serving size: 1/2 cup
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin C plays an important role in tissue growth and repair and bone and tooth development. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron. Good sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, and fortified fruit juices.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2020 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com