Prep time: 15-20 minutes
What you need:
- 2 hothouse cucumbers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
What to do:
- Slice cucumbers into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Combine vinegars, water, dill, and mustard seed in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place cucumbers into jars, making sure to fill each jar almost all the way with cucumbers.
- Carefully pour pickling liquid over cucumbers until they are fully covered by the liquid.
- Put the lids onto each jar.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 350 calories
- 1g protein
- 0g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 8g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 0mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Serves: 4 jars of pickles
Serving size:1/4 cup pickles
You can store unopened jars of pickles in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com