Lemon Chicken Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 1 small head of green leaf lettuce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vinaigrette salad dressing to taste
What to do:
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Tear into small pieces and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and then cut strips into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, add the chicken, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette dressing. Add chicken, lemon, and tarragon mixture and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 327 calories
- 54g protein
- 10g fat
- 2g carbohydrate
- 0.8g fiber
- 146mg cholesterol
- 134mg sodium
- 48mg calcium
- 2.6mg iron
Serving size: 1 cup
Experiment with different types of lettuce leaves. Add additional salad ingredients like shredded carrots or red cabbage. If you don't have fresh tarragon, substitute 1 tsp. dried tarragon or thyme. Or try some of your favorite herbs, either fresh or dry, like thyme or oregano.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com