Prep time: about 1 hour
What you need:
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 c. broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Feta or parmesan cheese (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
- Place all veggies and garlic in a large Pyrex (thick glass) dish or roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle spices on top, and stir to coat.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until veggies are tender when you poke them with a fork.
- If you like, sprinkle the mixture with feta or grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 124 calories
- 4g protein
- 6g fat
- 17g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 16mg sodium
- 66mg calcium
- 1.5mg iron
Serving size: 1 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
If you don't have olive oil, you can substitute vegetable oil. If you don't have balsamic vinegar, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce. Try serving this over rice or pasta for an easy and tasty meal.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2020 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com