Fruity Tofu Smoothie
Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet, but may include dairy or other animal-based ingredients that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Does your child skip breakfast because there's no time to make it? This smoothie is ready in minutes and is loaded with vitamins.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 1/3 c. apple juice
- 1/2 c. (4 oz.) soft tofu, drained
- 1 c. fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 4 oz. nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 ice cubes
What to do:
- Place apple juice, yogurt, tofu, berries, banana, and honey in a blender. Cover and process until well blended.
- While the blender is still running, drop ice cubes into the blender one at a time (through the hole in the lid) until smooth.
- Pour the smoothies into tall glasses.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 175 calories
- 7g protein
- 3g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 33g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 2mg cholesterol
- 33mg sodium
- 131mg calcium
- 1.3mg iron
Serving size: 1-1/3 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Try a variety of berries and different flavors of yogurt.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2023 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com