Note for babysitters:
This recipe contains milk or eggs.
Ask parents about any food allergies before
making this recipe for kids.
Using high-fiber cereal in place of traditional breadcrumbs makes this a healthier version of a kid-favorite meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, rinsed, patted dry, and sliced into strips or 4 1-oz boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitute or ¼ cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup cereal flakes, crushed (preferably cereal with 3g or more of fiber per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350º F (176º C).
- Dip chicken strips into egg, egg substitute, or skim milk.
- Roll dipped chicken in high-fiber cereal to coat.
- Place coated strips on nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 9 minutes, until chicken is done (it must be white, not pink, inside).
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
30 g protein
3 g fat
0.8 g sat. fat
20 g carbohydrate
8 g fiber
75 mg cholesterol
239 mg sodium
44 mg calcium
10 mg iron
185 mcg folic acid
Note: Analysis may vary depending on ingredients used.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: May 2011
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com