Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time (for couscous): 5-10 minutes
Recipe makes: 6 servings
- 2 c. couscous (whole-wheat, if possible)
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ c. parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ c. kalamata olives
- 1½ c. cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbs. capers
Equipment and supplies:
- Medium saucepan with lid
- Knife and cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, place lid on the pan, remove it from the heat, and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes while you make the dressing.
- Mince the garlic and finely chop the parsley. Dice the chicken breast and chop the olives.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, parsley, and garlic. Stir in olives, chicken, and capers.
- Using a fork, fluff up the couscous to loosen it a bit before adding it to the dressing mixture. Gently toss the salad until the couscous is well coated in the dressing. Serve.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com