Prep time: about 30 minutes
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. blueberries, washed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in blueberries.
- In another bowl, break the egg and use a fork to beat it just a little bit. Then add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
- Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times. Don't mix too much! Your muffin mixture should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about two thirds of the way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your tasty muffins!
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g protein
6 g fat
19 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
18 mg cholesterol
371 mg sodium
121 mg calcium
1.4 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com