Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 6-oz. salmon steaks (a normal portion size for meat and fish is 3 oz.)
- butter or vegetable oil cooking spray or fat-free canola cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler. Cover the broiling pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease the foil with butter or vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Place the steaks on the pan and broil the salmon for 5 minutes. Turn the steaks carefully and broil the other side for 4 to 5 minutes or until the fish is firm but still springy and a bit translucent in the center.
- Serve immediately topped with the sauce of your choice.
Serving size: 1 salmon steak
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
34 g protein
20 g fat
114 mg sodium
0 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4. Salmon freezes well if prepared properly. Freeze each piece separately, wrapped first in plastic and then in aluminum foil to preserve freshness and facilitate defrosting.
Serve with Orange Ginger Sauce.
Updated and reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com