Information on care closer to home and other outreach locations.
How we bring care closer to home
- Your child can receive care in St. Cloud when possible, saving you time and travel costs. Our teams have worked together for more than 10 years, so no matter what cancer or blood disorder care is needed, we co-manage and coordinate care at the most appropriate site.
- If care is needed at Children’s, we work with the pediatric and family medicine teams in St. Cloud to facilitate the transfer of care.
- Teams providing pediatric cancer and blood disorder treatment at the Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit and St. Cloud Hospital utilize Children’s treatment guidelines, protocols and recommendations – ensuring you get the same care if at Children’s or St. Cloud.
- Children’s cancer and blood disorder physicians are at St. Cloud’s Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit weekly – and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone.
- Your child can be treated for urgent things like fever and neutropenia (low white blood cell counts), in St. Cloud at the Pediatric Short Stay Unit or at St. Cloud Hospital’s Emergency Trauma Center, Pediatric Unit, Pediatric ICU or Pediatric Progressive Care Unit.
Cancer and blood disorder patients also can be seen in St. Cloud for:
- Administration of select chemotherapy and blood products
- Antibiotic and fluid infusions
- Monitoring of side effects and complications from chemotherapy
- Medical evaluations
- Medical consultation
- Lab and radiology services
- Management of and treatment for anemias, clotting disorders, hemophilia, idiopathic thrombocytopenia and sickle cell disease
Meet the team
Margaret Heisel Kurth, MD
Joanna Perkins, MD, MS
Michael Sprehe, MD, MPH, FACP, FAAP
Cindy Melloy, MD
Kathleen Kulus, MD
Thomas Schrup, MD
Cynthia Betzler, APRN, CNP
We believe that if your child can receive care closer to home, family and friends, it will improve your family’s quality of life and result in better outcomes for your child. To be connected to our Care Closer to Home Program, call 612-813-5940.