Observer Program application process
In the Observer Program, people interested in healthcare careers are allowed to observe Children’s Minnesota staff for one day (a maximum of eight hours).
To participate in the Observer Program, you need to:
- Be a high school student (age 16 or older), a college student, or an adult exploring a second career
- Provide up-to-date immunization records, including a negative tuberculosis test and seasonal flu vaccine (during flu season)
- Please note: due to high demand, observers may not observe the same discipline more than once or observe more than once in one semester.
The application process
Here’s how to apply for the program:
- Download and complete an Observer Program application
- Submit your application between 5th-10th of the month prior to your desired observation date (e.g., apply between January 5-10 to observe in February)
- Submit required immunization records via scan/email to: email@example.com
- If you do not receive a ‘matched’ email by the end of the month you will need to reapply
Applications will only be considered when complete immunization requirements have been received.
Due to staff availability, we are not always able to provide a match. So, if you do not receive an observation match, please reapply during subsequent months.
NOTE: If a staff member has already agreed to sponsor you for an observation shift, you can submit an application any time. Contact the Observer Program office for a “sponsor known” observer application at email: firstname.lastname@example.org