Eating disorder experts on your side
At the Center for the Treatment of Eating Disorders, our specialists diagnose and treat a range of eating disorders affecting children, adolescents and adults using proven approaches. Trust us: Experts plus evidence-based treatments equals excellent eating disorder care.
Our team is made up of several professionals:
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in mental health. A psychiatrist may prescribe medications for depression, anxiety or other mental health issues. You will initially meet with a psychiatrist from our team, who will work with you to plan your course of treatment.
- Psychologists are experts in how the mind and our behaviors work. Patients may see a psychologist from our team for individual, family or group therapy. The psychologist will also work with the rest of the team to form your treatment goals.
- Hospitalists are medical doctors who work only in the hospital setting. They are specialists in providing care for children, adolescents and adults. If you are inpatient, a hospitalist will see you every day for medical monitoring and help determine when you’re ready to go home.
- Dietitians are nutrition professionals. A dietitian from our team will provide you with education about nutrition. If you’re in the hospital, a dietitian will plan your meals and snacks based on your specific needs.
- Social workers provide individual, family and group therapy and provide support and resources to families. Our clinical social workers have received specialized training in the treatment of eating disorders.
- Nurses are trained to help assist patients with their medical needs; they are present in the hospital day and night to support you.
- Medical assistants take vital signs and help with other needs around the clinic.
- Child life specialists provide fun activities to help distract you from your eating disorder and will also assist with meals.
- Physical therapists will work with you to help you regain strength and teach you about exercise and physical health.
- Integrative medicine specialists, which include doctors, nurse practitioners, acupuncturists and others, focus on treatments that incorporate the mind, body and spirit. They work to promote health and prevention of illness through education, biofeedback, massage, coaching, self-care and wellness practices for both children and adults.
Our eating disorders team also partners with professionals from other fields, including gastroenterology, neurology, cardiology, and other specialists to provide the most comprehensive treatment possible.