A team with the right ingredients for success
The high quality of care provided by our feeding clinic at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is a function of a great team committed to the same goal of caring for your child and your family. We have breadth and depth, and it shows. Our team is made up of one of each of these dedicated professionals:
- Certified pediatric nurse practitioner who serves as the team’s experienced clinical coordinator. This includes evaluating all medical concerns that could be affecting feeding, coordinating additional diagnostic testing if necessary, and making referrals to other specialists or resources for support.
- Occupational therapist who addresses developmental, sensory, positioning and oral motor aversion concerns that impact feeding.
- Speech-language pathologist with specialized training in oral-motor functioning, especially in safe swallowing, chewing, sucking and breathing.
- Dietitian who guides the team on healthy nutrition and patterns of eating.
- Child psychologist (if appropriate) who addresses behavioral concerns, anxiety with the introduction of new foods and parent concerns.
Our feeding clinic team works closely with professionals from many other fields and referrals for additional assessments and services are made as needed. All assessments are planned to address your concerns and those of your referring doctor or practitioner. Other professionals who may be involved in your child’s care include: