No matter what’s troubling your child, we have experience treating it
The mental health program at Children’s Minnesota is staffed by doctoral-level psychology experts who diagnose and treat a wide range of mental health issues in children and teens. Our psychologists and psychiatrists are leaders in their fields who are skilled at understanding kids and their problems — and helping parents understand, too.
Mental health issues can manifest themselves in many forms. Here are just some of the conditions and issues we treat:
- Developmental issues
- Anxiety and fears
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Cognitive changes due to medical conditions such as cancer, brain tumors, stroke, head injury, sickle cell anemia, HIV, genetic disorders, heart conditions, and others.
- Problems at school such as learning delays
- Behavioral problems, such as temper tantrums, defiance or rule-breaking
- Reactions to life changes, such as divorce, death or other traumatic events
- Follow-up after head injuries such as an accident or concussion
- Living with a chronic illness, such as asthma, diabetes or cancer