Learn about opportunities to volunteer with us
Children’s Minnesota is grateful for the many corporate volunteers who give their time and share their talents with our patients and families. Children’s Minnesota is honored to work with each organization to identify activities that meet their goals and, most importantly, support our patients and families. We welcome individual volunteers, as well as small and large teams. Typically we have several opportunities for corporate volunteers to engage with Children’s Minnesota both on-site at our locations and off-site.
On-site and off-site groups
Volunteer opportunities on-site at Children’s Minnesota, such as serving a snack or lunch to families, or co-hosting a show on our in-house TV program, Star Studio, are reserved for groups ranging in size from 2-15 individuals. Examples of off-site volunteer opportunities include building kits, making blankets, and toy and food drives. Cook for Kids and Ronald McDonald House volunteer opportunities are also available to groups. Whether at Children’s Minnesota or off-site, these activities create wonderful team-building opportunities which help provide much needed resources, enhancements and welcome diversions for our patients at Children’s Minnesota.
Your organization could:
- Sponsor a family lounge by providing snacks and beverages for patients and families during their stay at Children’s Minnesota (one year commitment).
- Provide and serve dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House at Children’s Minnesota Hospital – Minneapolis or at the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Children’s Minnesota Hospital – St. Paul. Learn more and sign up.
- Provide and serve lunch for patient families. Lunches are served in a public space, and all patients and families are welcome to attend. Please plan to serve between 100-150 individuals.
- Host a seasonal party with crafts and games for patients and families to attend.
- Sponsor a show, or be a co-host and call bingo on Star Studio, the Children’s Minnesota entertainment program broadcast from within the hospital to patients and families (great for groups of six people or less).
Learn more about other corporate giving options at Children’s Minnesota.