Meet our dream team
The high quality of care provided by Children’s Sleep Center is a function of great doctors, nurses, technologists and support staff, all committed to the same goal of caring for the entire family. Our team is made up of several types of dedicated professionals:
- Physicians board-certified in pediatric sleep medicine have demonstrated expertise in management of the entire spectrum of pediatric sleep disorders, analyzing polysomnograms (sleep study information), and knowledge of and participation in current and emerging research, At Children’s, we have four board-certified sleep medicine pediatricians; one of whom is a pulmonologist.
- Pediatric nurse practitioner and pediatric nurses are specially trained in the full spectrum of sleep disorders and deliver ongoing clinical management and support.
- Cardiopulmonary technologists (CPTs) are respiratory therapists with additional certification as registered polysomnography technologists. These technologists are highly trained in collecting quality data for pediatric sleep studies.
- Our critical care director, patient care nurse manager and clinical technical supervisor all ensure that the quality and continuity of your care, along with the performance of our team and facility, are all top-notch.
- Pediatric clinical psychologists are doctoral level specialists in the developmental and behavioral health of children and adolescents. We have a psychologist on our sleep team. She focuses on biofeedback, relaxation and cognitive behavior therapy to help with insomnia, anxiety and adjusting to a sleep apnea machine at home.
Our sleep team works closely with professionals from many other fields, including ear nose and throat specialists, developmental pediatricians, gastroenterologlists, pulmonologists, child psychiatrists/psychologists, integrative medicine, biofeedback services and neurologists. At Children’s, you’ll have access to a vast network of professionals whose sole focus is healing kids and making life easier for their families.
If you’re visiting the Children’s pediatric sleep disorder clinic or our sleep lab, keep an eye out for: