Children’s Minnesota offers several programs for individuals (non-employees) interested in exploring healthcare fields.
The Observer Program provides individual opportunities to observe Children’s staff, learn more about their field, and explore possible careers. This experience is entirely hands-off and is supervised by a professional.
Observer eligibility requirements
To be eligible to observe, you need to:
- Be a minimum of 16 years old
- Submit documentation of immunization records: vaccines required include chickenpox/varicella, MMR, Tdap, negative Mantoux (tuberculosis) within the past 12 months, flu (if during flu season)
Email/scan immunization records to: [email protected]
Interested in Child Life?
Children’s offers Child Life Informational Sessions several times a year. This is an opportunity to learn from and connect with a Certified Child Life Specialist.
Sessions for 2018 are:
- Tuesday January 16th, 12:00 – 1:00pm in Minneapolis
- Tuesday April 17th 3:00 – 4:00pm in St. Paul
- Tuesday June 19th 12:00 – 1:00pm in Minneapolis
- Tuesday August 21st 3:00 – 4:00pm in St. Paul
Register for upcoming sessions
Registration opens 30 days prior to each session. Click here to register for a session. You will receive further information before the session. Please email [email protected] if you have further questions about these sessions.
SERVICES AT CHILDREN'S
We care about your child’s health and well-being. Children’s Minnesota offers a breadth of services to get the health care your child needs.
Information for Health Professionals
View resources, education opportunities and news for health professionals.