Garden Chicken Wrap
Note: Try carrot or celery sticks on the side!
Prep time: 5–10 minutes
What you need:
- 4 whole-wheat wraps (8 inches)
- 2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup of your favorite fat-free/low-fat dressing (about 1 tablespoon per wrap)
Equipment and supplies:
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups
What to do:
- Place wraps side by side on a flat surface. Divide chicken into four portions (about 1/2 cup each). Place a portion of chicken on each wrap.
- Top each wrap with carrots, avocado, and spinach. (Have an adult help with the chopping.)
- Drizzle dressing evenly over each wrap.
- Roll each wrap up tightly and cut on the diagonal.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly in aluminum foil and refrigerate for lunch the next day.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 320 calories
- 22g protein
- 15g fat
- 3g sat. fat
- 30g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 65mg cholesterol
- 370mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Serving size: 1 wrap
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2020 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com