Taste of the Tropics Fruit Bowl
Note: This recipe was created by Eleanor Cowell of Hawaii. She won a national healthy recipe contest and this fruit bowl was served at the White House! (If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a knife to cut the fruit.)
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 3 apricots, pitted and diced
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 6 large strawberries, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 6 tablespoons vanilla or plain Greek-style yogurt
- 4½ tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife for cutting fruit
- Bowls for serving
What to do:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the apricots, bananas, and strawberries.
- Scoop the fruit salad into small bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
How much does this recipe make?
- 6 servings
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com