Prep time: 8 minutes
What you need:
- 12 oz. 99% fat-free precooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 c. seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 5 tbsp. plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 c. fresh baby spinach
What to do:
- Cut the precooked chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the chicken and all other ingredients except for the baby spinach and mix well.
- To serve, place a scoop of the chicken mixture on top of a bed of fresh baby spinach.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 260 calories
- 24g protein
- 11g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 20g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 50mg cholesterol
- 75mg sodium
- 13g sugars
Serving size: 1 cup
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Folic acid helps the healthy development of a baby's brain and spinal cord. It is also needed to make red and white blood cells. Good sources of folic acid include fortified cereals, leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits, beans, and nuts. Women who get 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) of folic acid daily prior to conception and during early pregnancy can reduce the risk that their baby will be born with a neural tube defect (a birth defect involving incomplete development of the brain and spinal cord).
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com