Artichoke and Mushroom Pizza
Prep time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1 c. canned artichoke hearts
- 2 c. washed, sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1 c. part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12-inch prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Drain, rinse, and cut the artichoke hearts into medium-size pieces.
- Spread pizza sauce on dough, leaving a 1-inch border of crust.
- Top the pizza with cheese, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms.
- Bake on a cooking sheet for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- Cut the pizza into 8 pieces and serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 170 calories
- 11g protein
- 8g fat
- 4g sat. fat
- 15g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 15mg cholesterol
- 580mg sodium
- 4g sugars
Serving size:2 slices of pizza
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Protein helps build a baby's muscles, bones, and other tissues, especially in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. The recommended protein intake during the second half of pregnancy and while breastfeeding is 71 grams daily. Healthy sources of protein include lean meat, poultry, fish, beans, peanut butter, eggs, and tofu.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com