Roasted Root Vegetables
Note: Celebrity chef Robert Irvine created this recipe, which is an alternative to mashed white potatoes. It's nutrient rich and high in fiber.
Prep Time: About 1 hour
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup new potatoes, diced
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- a dash of kosher salt
- a dash of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, thyme, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in oven for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are carmelized and cooked through. Test by piercing with a fork.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com